What is Rail Mentoring?
The Department for Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and the Department for Transport (DfT) recognise the benefits that SMEs can bring to the Rail Supply Chain. The Rail Supply Group is offering opportunities for accelerated engagement into the Industry.
A clear benefit to the participating SME is the chance to develop structured supply opportunities with a product or offering being shaped to match the need of a Top Tier company. Top Tier companies will offer a selected number of SMEs mentoring such as access to their management team, meeting space in their facilities, supplier information days and coaching in their specific supply chain needs. A more robust and capable supply chain will offer clear commercial opportunities to all parties for business growth both at home and overseas.
Benefits for SMEs
- Inside access to Top Tier companies
- Better opportunity to share in the multi £bn UK rail investment programme
- Direct communication routes into upper management levels
- Focusing of resources on a clearly defined target
- Enhanced understanding of readiness and fitness for rail
- Access to support for improving your offer
- Chance to build a bigger, better and sustainable rail business
Benefits for Top Tier
- A flow of innovative ideas, products and technology
- Reduced cost and risk
- More complete capability offering
- Potential aggregators or platform suppliers easing logistics
- Enhancing appeal to the end client
- Increased resilience to their supply chain